Here is a something you don’t hear often, “Wells Fargo” and “Free Travel”. If you are like me, free travel is free travel.
- 20,000 bonus points – Go Far rewards
- No annual fee
- 50% point bonus when redeeming for airfare
- Only $1,000 minimum spend
- 5x points on gas, groceries, and drugstores (first 6 months)
- 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers (first 12 months)
As mentioned, your points are worth 50% more when redeeming for airfare. That means your sign-up bonus of 20,000 points can be used for a flight up to $300. (or redeemed in $37.50/2,500 point segments)
Since you initially earn 5x points at grocery stores and gas stations, your $1,000 minimum spend can be used to earn 5,000 more points. You can purchase many gift cards, even debit gift cards to be used elsewhere, at your grocery store earning 5x points. For the first six months, you’ll earn $75 in airfare for every $1,000 spent on gas, grocery and drugstore purchases. That is a 7.5% return!
With 25,000 total points, you can redeem those rewards for $375 in airfare! Not bad for spending $1,000 and not paying and annual fee.
With just a $1,000 minimum spend and no annual fee, this is a great starter card. Since you can book Southwest flights using your Go Far rewards, Companion Pass holders would in theory return a $750 value in airfare!
Remember, even though you have a zero percent interest rate for 12 months, carrying a large balance will negatively impact your credit score. (read: credit utilization)
- Trip cancellation protection and lost luggage reimbursement
- Travel accident insurance
- Emergency card replacement and cash disbursement
- Auto rental collision coverage
- 24/7 travel and emergency assistance, roadside dispatch
- Enjoy hotel benefits through the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection
- Take advantage of our complimentary 24/7 concierge service