This is rare, and I like it. Amazon is offering a wide-spread coupon for Prime and non-Prime buyers. $8.63 off purchases of $50 or more. (up to 17% off). Some eGift cards sold by Amazon ARE eligible for the discount, and I love gift cards at 17% off!
Oh, Amazon was ranked #1 on corporate reputation ranking by Harris Poll, their score was 86.27, get it.
Coupon code: BIGTHANKS
Here are the terms:
- Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) 2/22/2017.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com.
- Offer does not apply to digital content, video games, or Amazon Gift Cards.
- Offer does not apply to orders placed through Alexa, Prime Now, Amazon Restaurants, or any mobile application other than the Amazon Shopping App.
- Offer limited to one per customer and account.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
- Taxes, shipping and handling, and gift wrap charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
- Shipping charges and taxes may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
- If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
I have highlighted some terms above that I find pertinent. The most important fine print, and likely to be overlooked, is this coupon only applies to products sold by Amazon.com. You may not realize it, but the majority of items on Amazon, even those Prime eligible, are sold by third parties. (or fulfilled by 3rd parties)
I have a couple of Amazon accounts which means I can use this coupon on multiple purchases. You can purchase Southwest gift cards at 17% off which is a steal. If you have three Amazon accounts, you could purchase a $50 Southwest gift card in each account.
3x gift cards @ $41.37 = $124.11. You’ll save $8.63 per card, for a total of $25.89. Southwest is currently having a sale with $39 one-way flights on select routes, now we are talking! (such as Oakland to Reno and Long Beach to Las Vegas)
To recap, this is a welcomed coupon from the e-commerce-giant. It is also appreciated that you can combine eligible items to reach the $50 threshold. Also, this coupon does seem to work on eGift cards sold by Amazon. This expires at midnight tonight! (PST)